From Bitpost wiki
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:serge-rider/dbeaver-ce # [ENTER] to continue sudo apt update sudo apt install dbeaver-ce
See here for ppa discusion.
- Download the 64-bit deb file
sudo dpkg -i Downloads/dbeaver-ce_18.104.22.168_amd64.deb
The app is based on eclipse, start dbeaver to fire it up.
- Right-click in Database Navigator > rclick > Create new connection > type [postgres] or [sqlite]
- You will be prompted to set up the drivers, noice
- Alternately, you can open a sqlite file, it will prompt to download sqlite driver
- Good to go!
How to write queries
IT WILL PISS YOU OFF AT FIRST because of these stupid things:
- After connecting to postgres: #db > right-click > Set active
- Drill into #db > Schemas > public > Tables > #table > Read data in SQL console
- THEN YOU CAN WRITE SQL, ffs