Off-world Power Generation Lab 3: Propulsive navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This lab is focused on 3d-printing a single component. We want to put a check valve and a release button in series. Gonna require some 3d modelling!
- one-way valve with return flow release toggle
- i just need a check value in series with a release valve
- needs to be inflatable via bike pump (initially) or air compressor (once we have many to inflate at once perhaps)
- needs an easy-to-press release toggle that a weak cheap actuator can press
- tesla valve? no
- Ideally, it would have a large chamber - but there is a power vs weight relationship that we need to optimize for our application.
- At some point, it will become a requirement to know the internal pressure - do we attempt to add a sensor now, or later?
- See 1:06 of NASA and SpaceX: Journey to the Future for details of Dragon capsule Draco thrusters
- ✓ 3D printer + filament
- ✓ Silicone for check valve stopper
- Initial models (to be merged)
- check valve
- pipe with release valve
- male bike pump coupler
- 3D modelling tool
Step 1: Get initial models
Step 2: Merge models into final design
Use either blender or Fusion 360, probably fusion