Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I insist on fully responsive single-page-application websites.
- I like D3. A lot.
- I like Bootstrap.
- I want a production build with minification and tree shaking of module dependencies to minimize my website load time.
- I like the fastest possible development loop when tweaking the web UI.
With this in mind, I developed a Vite skeleton with all my tools built in.
- Use ES6 modules, destructuring/spread, functional components
- Precisely use Promises and async/await to accomplish CHAIN, PARALLEL, and BATCH processing
- Understand and abide by PROP and STATE best practices
- Add and remove modules properly using npm rather than editing package*.json
npm install # on new environments npm i --save newly-needed-component npm i --dev newly-needed-dev-only-component npm remove no-longer-needed-component
- Bootstrap works well for breakpoint-based management of 12 columns; direct use of flex and grid is MUCH more powerful and should be considered for any complex layout