Raspberry Pi Ubuntu quickstart
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ubuntu on Pi is suggested for ROS.
- Install the Pi Imager and run it
sudo dpkg -i imager_1.7.2_amd64.deb sudo rpi-imager&
- Pick Ubuntu server
OS > Other general-purpose > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Server 20.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- Burn microSD
- Plug ethernet and keyboard into the Pi
- Temporarily plug melange's HDMI into the Pi
- Plug in the power cable and boot it up
- Log in as ubuntu/ubuntu and perform initial setup
sudo nano /etc/netplan/50-cloud-init.yaml # and add your wifi info ethernets: .... # MDM add 444 wifi wifis: wlan0: dhcp4: true optional: true access-points: party-at-108-bring-2.4-beers: password: "blah" sudo netplan apply ip a # make note of wired and wifi MACs, update dnsmasq sudo service sshd start # um i don't think this is needed, and we are about to reboot... sudo reboot
You should now be far enough along to ssh to the machine, reclaim the keyboard, and continue with Linux barebones quickstart.