Server is running, ask Mikey to get you registered at the "secret" registration url.
The Linux and android clients are tested and working out of the box. How nice.
- To update:
ssh jaws sudo apt snap refresh sudo service snap.rocketchat-server.rocketchat-server restart
This supposedly happens "automagically"...? Also, snap updates lag behind release updates. Whatevs.
- Install. They INSIST on using snap.
sudo snap install rocketchat-server
- Browse to admin panel at http://yourserver:3000
- DO NOT register with rocket.chat
- Set up an admin account
- Update haproxy and certbot to support a subdomain that is publicly available
Once you log in as admin, you get a SHITTON of settings to manage. Important ones:
- Admin > Settings > search > site > CHANGE THE SITE from http://localhost to your FQDN!
- I updated my admin layout Content. It includes Home page text, TOS etc.
- Admin > Accounts > Registration > Manually Approve New Users
- Admin > Accounts > Registration > Registration Form > Secret URL (URL will be /register/(secret)/ )
- Admin > Layout > User Interface > Allow Special Characters in Room Names > Toggle ON
- Admin > Search > Default Provider > Global Search ON (to add a toggleable global search option)
- Admin > Video Conference > Jitsu > Enable (NOTE desktop app doesn't find my camera, but chrome does)
- Should I? Admin > Accounts > Registration > Use DNS Domain Check
Enable mobile push
This is not as simple as it should be...
- Admin > Setup Wizard > Cloud Info > Cloud Service Agree Privacy > Toggle ON
YOU MUST restart server for setting to be applied! This apparently sets:
Admin > Settings > Push > Production read-only toggle ON
This is necessary for mobile chat notifications to work!
- Register for cloud services
- When creating an account, I did NOT get email confirmation. I had to use "Forgot password" to reset and get access.
- Click Register Self-managed, and get the token.
- Admin > Connectivity Services > Register > paste the token
- Admin > Connectivity Services > Login to Rocket.Chat Cloud
- Admin > Settings > Push > Send a test push
Holy hell, it worked!