Last weekend: plowed a field, fenced the horse paddock, set up two gates, dug four hitching post holes. What a hard days’ work looks like… Continue reading “Fetch me that pitcher, farm boy…”
And it’s a beauty… more pics forthcoming… but for now I’m busy…
- replacing the battery on my mothaflippin’ John Deere tractor
- figuring out where the brake is on the tractor as a gorgeous, huge blacksnake decided to hide under it
- watching a gaggle of geese… ON MY PROPATEE
- knocking down a wall in the horse stalls to ready it for twice the number of horses…
- just in time to have our three crazies show up, and the old girl Deba to show them the ropes
- running for cover as the four horses of the apocalypse duke it out over who eats first – scary!
- staring at the fence aisle at Tractor Supply for 2 hours trying to wrap my head around all the options
- using said equipment to actually build a fence – successfully, with Richard’s help – around my 7 tractor “implnts” (implements)
- basking in the beauty of it all as the sun goes down on some hard days’ work!
We’ll still be in shock for a little while longer, but pretty soon y’all better come on down and see us, ya hear!